The Library was established in the year 1989. The Library has a collection of over 55224 volumes of references, and textbooks related to engineering and allied subjects. The Library’s amazingly rich collection contains E-resources, Textbooks, BIS codes, VCD, Encyclopedias, Directories, Yearbooks, Biographical sources, and General Books. It has subscribed to 78+ printed journals and general magazines. The Library also subscribes to full-text online databases i.e. IEEE, Elsevier (ScienceDirect Pharmacy), ASCE, ASME, EBSCO Textile Complete Technology, EBSCO Pharmacy Collection, Scopus, and Pearson e-Books. The Library is a member of DELNET and NDLI. The Electronic Library has 23 systems to access E-Journals, E-books, CDs/DVDs, etc. The Library & Information Centre provides uncompromising information and intellectual requirements to its students and faculty with a user-friendly approach. It offers a fully integrated and dynamic environment for conducting academic study. Multiple copies ensure that resources are readily available in both Reference Sections and Stack Sections. Moreover, the Library has an independent two Reading Hall with a capacity of 350 users. CCTV Surveillance System is installed in the Library.
The vision of the Central Library, MRSPTU, Bathinda is to inspire teaching, learning, and creativity through information resources and services
With an inclusive and supportive environment, the library provides sharing of knowledge and the development of lifelong skills for the betterment of global society.
We are committed to providing the community with updated, accurate, authentic information by offering best-in-class infrastructural facilities.
- To provide educational resources and related services in several formats that meet our users’ demands.
- To reinvent the physical and virtual space of the library to fulfill the needs of our students and faculty in the future.
- To educate users about various services and resources.
- To foster a collaborative culture for the amalgamation of information resources and its users.
For Students and Reserchers
The library will open accounts for the students and researchers as soon as it receives information from the relevant department regarding their admission.
Please get in touch with the librarian if you require further details.
For Faculty and Staff (Regular and Contract)
Faculty and Staff members can download the Membership Form from this site or get it from Ms. Ramandeep, Library Clerk.
Procedure for Library Membership
- Fill out the Library Membership Form in Capital Letters only, and affix 1 and attach 1 unattested (Total 2) Passport Size Photograph.
- Get attested from the Respected HOD.
- Submit the duly filled Library Membership Form to Ms. Ramandeep, Library Clerk ( Thesis Section).
- MRSPTU Central Library will open its Library Membership Account within one day. Thereafter MRSPTU Central Library staff will inform about the issue of their Library Membership Card.
- After Collecting the Library Membership Card and Member Account Password, Faculty and Staff members can use all library services.
University has a fully stocked and well-equipped central library to cater to the needs of students, teachers, and researchers. The library has printed as well as electronic versions of books and journals belonging to various subjects in the domain of the university . The computer lab of the University library has one server, 22 computer systems, a projector, 3 TV, 3 printers with scanners, and related peripherals that aid in e-learning. Students can access various e-resources and do the project work in this lab. The library has a Xerox Section that includes the latest photocopy machines. It provides a photocopy service to its users at a nominal cost.
The library has a large collection of books for students, researchers, and teachers of various disciplines in the university. The staff of the library encourages learning and creativity among students by providing the required resources and a conducive environment.
The library has a fine collection of journals, dissertations, and other resources, which provide research facilities and enhance the research skills among its stakeholders.
Interlinked with Network Station
The library is interlinked with DELNET, which enables users to access information resources from all over the world that are not available in the library.
Central Library has established a Book Bank for SC/ST category students with a grant received from the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Punjab. Book Bank provides 3 books (as per availability) to the SC/ST student for the complete semester at the beginning of each academic session, apart from the facility of lending 3 books from Central Library. SC/ST students of the university can become a member of the book bank only after receiving the required information from the Academic department. Books shall be returned within two days after the theory examination except for the student of the final semester who has to return the books to the library before the start of the final semester.
University library has divided following sections :
- Circulation Section
- Periodical Section
- Thesis Section
- Technical Section
- Digital Collection
- Reference cum Consultation Book Section
- Xerox (Photocopy) Section
- Computer Lab (E-Library)
- Book Bank
- Research Cabins
The Detail of the Library Collection as follows:
The library will open as per the following schedule:
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- Reading Hall: 8.00 AM to 10.00 PM
- Issue Timings: 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM and 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
(With Other Institutions/Organizations)
- Central Library, MRSPTU, Bathinda has a Membership of the Council of Educational Associates (CEA) of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar. Under this, library resources of the institute can be shared (vide letter no. IITR/PR/2021/ICSR&II/4101 dated 24.02.2021 of IIT, Ropar)
- Central Library, MRSPTU, Bathinda has established SWAYAM NPTEL local chapter since 20.05.2019. Through this, different online courses under the SWAYAM portal are smoothly
- The library has a membership of E-ShodhSindhu (ESS) of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Under this scheme, we are provided free-of-cost e-journal packages to use for a period of one year. At present, we are using this facility for ASME, ASCE & Scopus E-Journals packages.
- Central Library, MRSPTU, Bathinda has signed a MoU with INFLIBNET Centre for Shodhganga/Shodhgangotri. Through this, we are enabled to upload/share/access theses and dissertations in electronic format with members of Universities. Membership also provides Plagiarism Detection Software (PDS)vide letter no. NFL/Shodhganga/MoU/AC/264/2019/29 dated 10th June, 2019 of INFLIBNET Centre.