The users’s guide assists the teachers, staff and students in using library’sfacilities and services more efficiently. This Guide introduces you to our library’s rules, policies and procedures, services, collection, and staff. It familiarizes faculty, staff and students with our library services and explains how these can use different types of information to suit their study needs.
MRSPTU Central Library has set following rules and regulations:
- Silence is to be maintained.
- No discussion permitted inside the library.
- Registration is to be done to become a library member prior to using the library.
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the library.
- Personal textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library except the Laptops/Tablets and Note Books.
- Any student found guilty of keeping a book or other library material illegally with him/her, entry will be banned and strict action will be taken.
- Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is not Switch off the same while entering the library premises.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same, immedately.
- Library borrower cards are not The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind is not allowed anywhere in the library.
Admission to library
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards.
Circulation issue system
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Book return after due date
Borrowed items by students must be returned on or before the due date failing which the borrower may lead to denial of borrowing facility for a period to be decided by the Librarian.
Duration of issue/return
- Book from the Text Book Section and Book Bank is issued for full (current) semester.
- The borrower can return/exchange the issued book before the due date.
- The books from Reference, Architecture and Textile section are issued only for overnight period.
- The books marked as consultation will not be issued.
- Librarian can recall any book if in demand by other member/s.
- All the students are required to return all library books before the start of next/new semester.
- If a book is lost, then the borrower shall replace it by a new book the same edition or latest edition or pay the cost of the book as per library record.
- The amount will only be taken if the book is not available in market.
- If a book is a part of the volume set, the reader will have to replace the volume of same edition or pay the amount as per the library record i.e the price of the volume or the price of the volume set.
Care of library borrower cards
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them..
Loss of borrower card
There will be NO DUPLICATE Card issued on loss of library card except in case of damage of card and producing the same with an application for duplicate card. Any books issued on lost card will be the responsibility of the card holder.
Validity of cards
Library borrower cards are valid for the respective session of the academic course of the member. At the end of the academic course the borrower cards shall be returned to the library before the start of final semester examinations. Librarian can cancel /withhold the card of a member in case of not following the library rules.
No due certificate
Each student shall obtain “No Dues Certificate” from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of library books
- Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully
- Marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very In such case, reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
Central Library has been established Book Bank for SC/ST category students with the grant received from Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Punjab. Book Bank is providing 3 books (as per availablity) to the SC/ST student for the complete semester in the beginning of each academic session, apart from the normal facility of lending 3 books from Central Library. SC/ST students of the university can become a member of the book bank only after receiving the required information from Academic Deaprtment. Books shall be returned within two days after the theory examination except for the student of final semester who have to return the books to the library before the start of final semester
MRS University has fully stocked and well equipped central library to cater the needs of students, teachers and researchers. In this regard, Library is providing following services:
- Lending Service
- Information Literacy
- Photocopy Services
- Current Awareness Service
- Selective Dissemination of Information
- Inter Library Loan
- Document Delivery Service
- Printing Service
- Online Service
Central Library is interlinked with Developing Library Network (DELNET). At present more than 3000 libraries are interlinked with this network. These libraries can share these resources through DELNET. If any user want to require any book or article which is not available in our library, but required book and article is available in DELNET Database or Member Libraries, these books and articles providing through Inter Library Loan, but the charges will be paid by user. The charges for this services are 4 times courier charges on demanded book/s and book/s will be return to the parent library as their rules. In the case of article two times courier charges and Rs. 2/- per page photocopy charges will be extra. For this service, kindly contact to central library.
1. All the users of MIMIT Central Library will submit all issued library material and deposit all the fines (If any).
2. All the users will submit their Dissertations/Project Reports in university perscribed format on CD or through ETD submission
Refund of Security Deposits
As per Bye law 22.4 c, The securities remaining unclaimed for two semesters succeeding the end of the semesters in which the students left the institute either by completing a particular course or otherwise shall lapse.